Find MAM near you by joining our Facebook group or come to a meeting near you. We are also organising workshops as and when the opportunity arises. If there isn’t a group near you, think about organising a meet-up yourself. That’s how this group got started and we’ve put together some tips on how to do it.
We have a steering group based in Dublin. It has some regional representation and we communicate by email A LOT. We will be looking for more people to help with this to insure that there isn’t burn out among MAM members. Let us know if you are interested.
Currently there are MAM groups organising in Dublin, Bray, Belfast, Galway, Cork and Kilkenny. We’re trying to keep this page up to date with meetings but you can follow us on Twitter or Facebook.
Please join our Facebook group.
If you are interested in starting your own chapter in your local area to make life easier for travel and transport, please get in touch. We can help you secure a venue and/or loop you into our steering group, the wider network and opportunities therein.
Dublin MAM’s Cuppas
Tuesday 2nd May
Cuppa in The National Gallery 10-12am
Evening Salon in Dublin Theatre Festival Offices 7-9 pm
Tuesday 9th May
Working meeting in The Project Arts Centre 10-12am
Tuesday 16th May
Cuppa in Dublin Castle Cafe 10-12am
These are informal meetings, sometimes in cafe venues. There is no agenda and they generate no paperwork. They provide an opportunity to meet others in your situation, discuss the issues that interest or trouble you and enjoy some warm, supportive conversation. Many MAMs have found that attending these meetings has improved their confidence levels and generated new work contacts. These meetings are the perfect way to introduce yourself to MAM.
These are chaired, minuted, planning meetings which focus on administration of the group, future work and campaign strategy. Most importantly they continue to define what and who MAM is and how it works. This is an ongoing dialogue in which we invite all MAMs to participate. Come along and get involved.
MAM Make A Move – Movement and Dance workshop with Michelle Cahill
Currently reviewing when they will have their meetings.
Hope to host one soon. Anyone with a venue who is interested in MAM availing of it please drop us a line.
We are currently looking for a venue to offer to host a MAM meeting. Please drop us a line if you wish to make your venue more parenting artist friendly.
Garter Lane are hoping to engage with MAM across the Summer.
- We acknowledge the value that becoming a mother has in terms of our chosen discipline and to celebrate the richness and positive effects having a child has on our skill set.
- We agree to be respectful of all our members parenting choices and family structures and we honour that it is our diversity as individuals, practitioners, and mothers that is part of our strength
- We value all of our work artistically and financially.
- We acknowledge the complexity/variety/individuality of the impacts of motherhood in relation to the arts, and maintain an awareness of this complexity in all public forums.
- We support the emergence through social media of informal networks or chapters for MAM to combat isolation, form working relationships and collaborations, and create a platform for uncensored expression.
- We agree to enhance the visibility of MAM by talking to others of its existence and the work of our members, individually and collectively.
- We recognise that although we are specifically a mothers’ group, we share common cause with male parenting artists and MAM will work in partnership with them.